It's A Great Life To Live

26 June 2009

helpdesk work no more? not quite...

I used to work in HelpDesk 'Management'. For 'IT' solutions. It sucked. No other word could describe it. So I left the job with the hope that I would never again do the damn thing.

But I was so wrong.

I still have to do it. Not at work. Somehow it fell from the sky and bestowed upon me by the universe.

I'll be starting my postgraduate degree in a week and about a couple of weeks before I received a notification email saying that I'm now in the new batch mailing list. So as a normal notification email of a mailing list, it would outline what to do if you want to post something, which email to reply to, where you can configure the setting, etc. The usual stuff.

And then all of a sudden, people started to reply.

"Please add me."

"Hi, my email is xxxx. Please add me."

"Kindly include me in the mailing list."

Hello. You are already in the list, if not, why would you receive the notification? Don't you read? And there are a couple of emails saying that they don't get the offer letter, when's the registration, yada yada yada.

So, I couldn't help it. Because it was annoying. And I replied. Part of my reply as follows:

I think some of us are confused because of the mailing list email that we all received earlier today. Just in case that you are not aware, the email was informing us that we are all already in the mailing list. So, there's absolutely no need to reply and request to have your email to be in the mailing list. Because we all are in it.

As for the registration information, you can visit xxxx for further details. Choose the intake, key in your I/C number and you can access and print your offer letter and registration document yourself.

Seriously, a walk down memory lane.

I don't understand why some people just refuse to read. And these people are going to do masters? Be my classmates? HMMMMMM... I just don't see why some people received the same email that I received, printed the same letter that I printed, but still have questions - stupid questions. Questions that I can answer.

And then, there was this one person, emailed me and asked me about the welcoming ceremony, briefing session and accommodation.. So much for my community service and now I'm unpaid helpdesk officer for the institute of postgraduate studies. I actually had to reply and tell that person that I'm also a new student, not an officer..

Apekah?

Labels: ,

posted by Pip at 17:58

2 Comments:

tulah, aku pun tak paham org2 camtuh. pastu bila dh ada community service lg tak pikap. huh.

all the best 4 ur study. kat ne n kos apa?

ps: aku still visit blog ko once in a while. so silalah updet huhu.

9:31 PM  

thanks zrett.. aku buat mba kat um.. setelah sekian lama aku tangguh.. :D

aku update bile senang and ada cerita... :) thanks for still coming over :P

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home