It's A Great Life To Live

15 May 2005

on why i was quiet all this while.. pt.2 (not really, me think)

i've been so absent-minded lately..

1. left my car key at the car's door.. this is one of the reasons why i took leave one day before ayah's operation..alhamdulillah, the one who found the key took it home and went looking for the owner later that day..luckily my housemate was at home when they came looking for me, and she took the key on my behalf since i spent my day at the hospital that day.. thanks a lot friend!

2. i had a list of names that i kept to be given to my boss the other day... since i took a few days off last week (due to ayah's condition), she wanted the list to be given on the first day that i came in..i was sure that i had the list somewhere in my office.. i know, somewhere.. so, when i came in, i went looking for it.. but it was no where to be found.. then, i remember, i must have left it at home, since i changed my bag before i went for my off-days.. hmm.. so, i tried my luck to call my housemate (the same one above!), just in case she's still at home.. and she was.. so, i asked if she could find it.. i gave her a specific place to look for, if she didn't find it, then just leave it.. i'll look for it later when i got back.. and she didn't find it.. okay, so i told my boss that i would give the list to her the first thing the next morning...

went back home that day, looking for the list, and it wasn't there!!!

come next morning, as soon as i got to work, i look for it all over my place and suddenly i remembered a folder that i was going through before i left for home the week before.. and it was THERE! need i say more?

3. later that week, i left my mobile phone at home, thinking i had put it in my bag before leaving the house for work..so, when i arrived at the office, doing the usual - switching my computer on, putting away my bag in the drawer, ooppss.. my phone..took out my bag again from the drawer, looking for my phone.. but, it wasn't there! OH, OH! i'm dead.. so, i thought i left it in my car (i drive to work, don't take LRT anymore) so i went back to car park (walking in heels, mind you..) but my phone wasn't in my car.. uwaaaa! the only thing that i got were blisters... ouch! (bukan kasut baru pun!)

when i got back in the office, i tried calling my phone, hoping it was hiding somewhere in my cluttered drawers..but it wasn't there!! luckily, my housemate (the same one, again!) heard my phone ringing and intuitively took my phone to work that day, knowing i must have accidently left the phone home.. how can i ever thank you friend!!

4. (occured on the same day as the above) since i went back to the car to look for my phone, i took my car keys out of my hand bag... when i got back to the office, i put it on the table.. then a colleague tegur the keys, so i put it in the drawers..

work, work, work, work..

then it was time to leave and a friend is following me home.. it was raining... so i went and bought an umbrella and we walked to the car park.. quite far + raining.. i was so upset with myself because we walked that far only to find out that my car keys weren't there.. ARGGGHGGHGGHGH!! not only that, i made my friend walk that far for nothing.. so sorry, mate! nasib baik a colleague of mine still within the vicinity of the office, so he helped me got into my office to get the keys.. why? because my security pass is useless.. anyway, we were too exhausted to walk back to the car, so we took a cab.. 3 ringgit pun 3 ringgit lah...

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME? now i'm so paranoid of leaving anything, i checked my bag 2,3 times before leaving the house or car.. make sure everything is there.. car keys, house keys, phones, money, I/C, driving licence.. i'm getting old..
posted by Pip at 10:48

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home